Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas cards, gifts, postal deadlines


I delivered the last of our photo Christmas cards to the post office today before 5pm closing and also drove the neighborhood delivering to neighbors. Phew!
Oh yeah, and there was that one ebay package to Australia to send out too. We'd already been to the post office this morning and almost every day this week sending out packages to relatives and ebayers.

After about 70 shots, we picked the best one and uploaded to snapfish, our on-line photo printer of choice. They delivered us a big box of cards and envelopes and I sent out my first batch. Then I realized I hadn't ordered enough?! So I had snapfish send our photo to Walgreen's and we picked up another batch within hours. How cool is that?

I'm just relieved they are done and out. I ordered some cool address labels from zazzle.com with the kids picture on them but they only arrived today so the first batch of cards sent out yesterday didn't get them. Oh well, they were the closest relatives so I guess we'll use those labels for their Thank-you cards for the gifts for the kids. Sound good? But that zazzle site is cool. I'll need to check it out closer when I'm not in such a rush.

I also found another personalized shirt site, choiceshirts.com that I was impressed with and bought a gift on. I uploaded a photo and selected a shirt style and font style and added text and within 2 days I had the shirt here. Again, I need to check them out again when I'm not in a Christmas rush!

I have most all Family Christmas gift packages mailed up North. There may be 1 or 2 that will be there after Christmas but I don't think they'll mind too much.

Now Santa needs to complete her list. There will be a trip or two out to ToysRus, Walmart, Target, Macy's, Kohl's, Claire's and who knows where else. I need to check and see how early these stores will be open Sunday. Maybe I'll be one of those 5am shoppers! I am NOT a morning person so that should be a real treat! As long as I'm home long before showered and properly made up people are out and about. Where to start... Short Pump Town Center? Regency Square Mall?

Wish me luck on that and I wish all the other Santa mommies and daddies all the luck in getting all they want done without doing themselves in this year.

We have a relaxing 4 day weekend ahead of us so it will be a great holiday here! Bill should be doing some cooking too. He's stoppng at the Fresh Market on Parham for some quality meat, seafood and produce. YUMMY.

No comments: