Sunday, September 7, 2008

Alstroemeria - Peruvian Lily

Here is a great shot of one of my two containers of Alstroemeria. I had started these as bulbs in one container 2 or 3 years ago. I then divided the one into two. They are really beautiful and ready to divide again. Next summer I should have 4 containers! Maybe I'll buy a pack of bulbs of another color.

I did buy them mail order. I'll try and look up my records and see where I got them.

I do take them into the house in the winter. They do suffer as most of the plants do when they are inside but they come right back once they can be out again.


I also finished the circus bag for the preschool this week-end!!

The "Going To The Circus" fabric I picked up at Jo-Ann's is so adorable. I just can't believe it came out as well as it did. I don't sew that often and only do simple things. My machine works and my MIL gave me some pointers and here it is!

The teacher at preschool has a circus theme this year in her room. She gave me a standard white pillow case and asked if I or my MIL could decorate it something circus-y. Since the white pillowcase did not inspire me, I decided to see what kind of cool fabric I could buy and make a bag.

She told me today that it is the "best circus bag ever" which was sweet. I mostly like the fact that it is a one of a kind bag.

Speaking of circus...

Did you know that Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Boom a Ring Circus is coming to the John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville in December? I think we need to go. Tickets go on sale 10/13 unless you have a pre-sale offer.

I also just heard that the Rocket Man himself, Elton John, is playing there Friday October 17. Him we do need to go see.

3 comments:

Missy's Blog said...

Your alstroemeria is just gorgeous. Once again, I am in awe of your green thumb!

Love the circus bags ... they are really cute and you did a great job with them!

merc3069 said...

LOVE the bag! What is it for?

merc3069 said...

hehehe Watched Michael on the VMAs last night, too;-)
Thanks for the Chesterfield link!
(I have no idea how to write you directly, if there is a better protocol than posting a comment, please let me know--I am still new to this!)