Friday, September 12, 2008

Mimi's Memoriam - Cry the Clock Said - Funeral for a friend

Miss Mimi "Meow Howard" Williams
1988 - 9/11/2008
She was my shadow for almost 20 years. She was always a cat with a kitten face and later in life was a grand old lady in a fur coat. She will be missed.

She was a calico tortoise shell kitty or a clouded tiger calimanco who adopted me when I lived in the Hillsborough apartments on Farm Rd. She lived in 6 different places with me over half my life.

Many thanks to Dr. Margaret Washburn and her staff at the Goochland Animal Clinic for seeing us so quickly and spending all the time they did. They were caring and comforting in this sad time.

We layered the top of her grave with 4 types of early Spring flowering bulbs, Fall blooming crocus and pansies. I'll post photos when they bloom.

I always remember seeing Little John's Grave in Northern England many moons ago and thought I'd plant hers up as well.

Now Mimi will meet up with the Little Guy again in cat heaven.Little Guy "LG Howard" Williams
1989 - 9/2003

I searched You Tube for a few to send out for Mimi:
  1. Gary Numan: "Cry the Clock Said"
  2. Madonna "The Power of Good-Bye"
  3. Madonna "Take a Bow"
  4. Elton John "Funeral for a Friend"

4 comments:

Colleen Wms said...

This is why I didn't see any of you at Mom & Tot or library yesterday as I thought I would.

merc3069 said...

I am really sorry to hear about Mimi. You and your family will be in my thoughts. We, too, have had to put a pet to sleep and it is very hard.

Missy's Blog said...

Colleen, I am so, so sorry for your loss. Your dear sweet Mimi will be with you forever in your heart. I know how very hard it is to loose a furry friend that you love so much. My thoughts are with you.

HarryJack's Mom said...

Colleen, I am so sorry to hear about your Mimi. Although I'm not sure they apply, two of my favorite 'passing' songs are Vaughn Brothers' Tick Tock and JB's Defying Gravity. I hope you find some peace and comfort through her beautiful garden.