Thursday, November 20, 2008

Late November Garden Interest?

It's cold now. Our overnight temps are sitting right below freezing every night now. The daytime temps are lucky to get above 50. That's cold for me now being in Central VA. I know my NE friends are having a pity party right about now for me and I hear those tiny violins;-).


I went outside trying to find some late November garden interest. Not easy.
I have the overgrown nandina and its berries:


the frozen roses:

the cedar volunteer growing alongside my garage side door with the small hypetufa bowl of hens and chicks and my blue daze slowly dying. Note the garden hose is still attached. Maybe I need to remove that.

This columbine is looking okay:



There's always the view from the garage door with my red branched japanese acer maple that should only reach 10' and my blue birdbath from the Pottery.


There are still a few gourds on the vine:

The hypertufa container fill of vinca and succulents is doing just fine helping to hold the pool cover down.



The verbena is most surprising. It's not giving up yet:

This thinks it's spring:

There's always one of my 3 Christmas cactus' that is blooming inside:


and the bougainvillea waiting for Summer inside:

2 comments:

Missy's Blog said...

I love your nandina. Ours is berrying (is that a word?) for the first time this year.

It has been way too cold for me lately ... it's that Florida blood that will forever run through my veins.

merc3069 said...

OK, when do I get to come over and SEE everything?;-)