Thursday, April 2, 2009

Trip to Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens

I visited Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens in Richmond today with 2 other moms and a total of 4 preschool boys. We all had a GREAT time. Here are some of my better flower photos, mostly orchids from the conservatory.



Of course the outdoor gardens are full of every type of daffodil you could want to see. Here is one showing the foggy morning we had on the white and peach colored Trumpet Daffodil - Narcissus "Pink Silk" amaryllidaceae.

I was happy to see this. I had seen this at the Richmond Home & Garden show a month ago and couldn't recall what it was. Now I know!
Flame Lily - Clivia miniata - South Africa - Amaryllidaceae

I'll post more from our trip later.

1 comment:

Missy's Blog said...

The flowers are absolutely gorgeous!