Thursday, May 21, 2009

First Year the Raspberry Sorbet Peony Bloomed


It, and another pony I have, bloomed while we were away at the beach the first week of May. Fortunately, I picked up this funky painted vase on the way to an Ocracoke day trip that was perfect for it. Unfortunately, they don't last long at all once cut. They didn't last long on the shrub either for that matter.

I need more. Will trade Irises for peony! The Irises also really took off that week and I have to say, I don't care so much for them. Not sure why... They are pretty and I get raves about them.

2 comments:

HarryJack's Mom said...

Beautiful! I have several that you can have...guess I should go check on them, eh?

Hocking Hills Gardener said...

My Sorbet are blooming also. Don't just just love them? Have a great weekend.