Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Growing Spot - new garden center in Goochland!

While attending the Goochland - Powhatan Master Gardeners Spring Garden Fest last Saturday, I met Peggy who is opening a new garden center shop in one of the empty storefronts at Plum Tree corner on 250 / Broad Street in Manakin-Sabot, Goochland County. Her grand opening is today, Saturday May 2. I wish I could go but won't be able to. Any of you locals who will be in the area, please stop by and check out her new place! Her website is: http://www.thegrowingspot.com/ . One of the first thing she had that caught my eye were rain barrels and compost bins for a great price. We had searched hard for a rain barrel for my mother in law last summer and finally found one at Pleasant's Hardware. I may get one from this lady. You should consider it too!
The picture above is our pink cascade weeping ornamental peach in bloom a few weeks back.

Happy Gardening!

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

I will tell my friends about this - it's a bit too far for me (I'm over by Farmville) but maybe for a special trip I will check it out. Good luck to your friend on her new garden center!

Missy's Blog said...

When we drove into town this afternoon I was excited to see this new shop at Plum Tree Corner.

We are going to have to stop by there soon.

merc3069 said...

I am so excited! I was at that event at J. Sarge, but didn't meet Peggy. I did, however, get a bunch of Dutch irises for $5!