Thursday, May 28, 2009

May Flowers Blooms from my gardens

Here are some of the blooms for the month of May in my gardens. Enjoy!

My favorite variety of columbine aquilegia with peach / pink and yellow blooms. Possibly swan?
One of the many Irises blooming here in May. They are all almost done so its time to divide and move them around. They are thriving and their clumps are getting huge. A deep red gladiolus with yellow center that comes back every year, usually reblooms later in the season as well.I believe these are a ballerina iris.Wild Indigo or baptisia.
One of the Simplicity roses that is still barely hanging on. Until I have the energy to dig out all those shrubs, they'll have to stay.
White clematis henryi
Pink evening primrose anyone ;-)

3 comments:

Hocking Hills Gardener said...

Oh I just love your red gladiola and the ballerina iris. They are beauties. Is your gladiola a tall one that has to be staked?

HarryJack's Mom said...

Those are amazingly lovely - any idea why my irises didn't bloom this year? I'm thinking it's past time for hope....wanna come dig soon? Happy week!

Colleen Wms said...

HHG--> I haven't had to stake any of my glads yet unless a really bad storm knocks them over. I do have to consider moving them though because they are too tall and blocking my oriental lilies!
HJM--> Iris typically don't bloom the first year after being divided and/or moved. They also don't bloom if the rhizomes are covered. You need to push that mulch away and don't bury them. GL!