Saturday, July 11, 2009

Doing my best to focus up close with the digital macro

Orange Tiger Lilies

Purple Coneflower (Echinacea purpurea)

White Coneflower (Echinacea purpurea 'White Swan') (from KD's garden)

Looks similar to some of the red coreopsis but I'm quite certain it is a red bishop dahlia. Need to check with my friend whose garden I photographed it in. (from KD's garden)

Black Eyed Susan (Rudbeckia hirta)

Mini (Short) Pink Zinnia (from KD's garden)


Mostly all simple, common flowers. Wildflowers actually but I am using them to try to take some better photos.
Which photo did I do the best on in your opinion?

3 comments:

HarryJack's Mom said...

Great job with the photos! It's hard to say which is best, imho, but I like that you can see a lot of the detail on the sunflowers and red bishop....?

Jeanne said...

Neat pictures, Colleen! Love your Echinacea!

Missy's Blog said...

Loving all of the pictures ...

My faves are the black eyed susans (you can see the fuzzy stuff around the middle) and the pink zinnia is great too!