Friday, August 14, 2009

Fertilizer Friday / Flaunt Your Flowers from the Beach!

Beach Front in Kill Devil Hills OBX... Can't live without some flowers even on vacation! At least this time, I brought my own containers filled with soil and just bought some plants. A garden stand I found had 6" potted annuals for $1 each and the oleander for $7. Couldn't beat it. The portulaca variety and the lantana and million bells are great fro the heat here and back home. Hope I can transport them well enough...
I needed a white oleander anyway. I have 2 pink red ones already and ever since we stayed at Captain's Landing in Ocracoke last year, I've needed one ;-)

So here's my Fertilizer Friday post. Go over to Tootsie Time's blog to see what it's all about!



3 comments:

Miss Daisy said...

You've got some lovely container plants! Mine are beginning to suffer from our hot-hot heat. They need to be watered in August twice a day.

RainGardener said...

Such a deal ya got on the container already full. It's nice to be able to take flowers to have while you're on vacation. It just adds to everything doesn't it? A couple of times in the past when we've gone camping I picked a nice bouquet to take and have in the camptrailer or outside on the table.
Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my FF post. I love having company!

Tootsie said...

I did that last year!!! I took a couple of pots to "home" the place up! looks great friend. Sorry I am so late to see you!