Sunday, September 27, 2009

What else was blooming Saturday?

Yes, the calendar says it's autumn but there is certainly enough summer blooming flowers here that I am not ready to give in to the asters and mums. Here are some highlights of what will carry on until frost here.


"Oranges and lemon" gaillardia
I believe that they are sterile as this cultivar is so hybridized. However, I am letting them all go to seed this year to see if any babies come up next year. Although a perennial hardy in my zone, I have not had success with this plant coming back when I had it at the mailbox garden so this year I tried it back by the fountain by the pool. We'll see if I need to buy another one next year and accept it as an annual.


Typical red yellow orange gaillardia blanket flower


Lavender lilac colored spider cleome flower

One of the dahlias ordered from the van Bourgondien spring fundraiser at school


One of the delicate pink knockout rose buds

Some red / dark pink perfect cosmos


Wildflower Coreopsis planted in the annual cuttting garden

8 comments:

Janet said...

Gorgeous blooms Colleen. Wish our schools did fund raisers with plants...we only got oranges, magazines, or candy.

HarryJack's Mom said...

Gorgeous, and I think you should use the pix to boost the fund raising sales ;-) I have a lot of in-house plants that are blooming - must be something good in the air, in and out! Enjoy the blooms :-)

Hocking Hills Gardener said...

I love that coreopsis Colleen.You have so many pretty blooms yet like the cleome and roses. I hate to see the summer flowers go but I have to think about getting them ready for winter. The Dahlia is beautiful. What a great school fund raising idea.

azplantlady said...

What beautiful flowers. I especially love the fall colors tones of the Gaillardia and Coreopsis.

Becca's Dirt said...

Found your blog through Tootsie. You sure have some beauties.

Darla said...

What beautiful blooms!

√ Abraham Lincoln said...

Your knockout rose is really nice. Mine is all red and nice too but it is the only rose I have here.
Thanks for the visit to my blog and for the comment on my birds blog.

Rosey Pollen said...

MMM... So pretty! You have some striking HOT colors going on here. Love the Lavendar Cleome. I am going to add that one to my list of ones to try.
Rosey