Sunday, October 4, 2009

Continuing the Sunday walk about the garden

Continuing around the side gardens to the front of the house, I spy a white oleander in a container that I brought home from a nursery while vacationing in the Outer Banks this summer. To me, it is totally Ocracoke!
my bougainvillea is totally Texas to me:
I trained it up last summer's obelisk purchase from "The Pottery" in Williamsburg late in the season. Over the winter, I'll prune it up and do a better job but right now it is in full bloom so I'd just as soon leave well enough alone.
a deep purple morning glory that looks like it has a votive candle burning within. I never tire of the perfectly colored and magnificently fragranced pink Abraham Darby rose.
and a very close second with this Livin' Easy apricot orange peach floribunda HARwelcome rose for the same reasons, color and fragrance:
one of the many annual red trumpet vines I plant from seed all around the property for the hummingbirds:
up close and personal:
and then to the west side of the house for the "What is this picture of" segment of the post. I was surfing garden bloggers the other day and stumbled upon a garden ring of this sort where everyone posts pictures for others to guess on. When I find it again, I'll link this to it.

6 comments:

Tootsie said...

it is all just breathtaking! Your photos are just gorgeous!

Hocking Hills Gardener said...

Colleen you have so many great flowers still blooming when mine are about gone. It is good to see some beautiful ones to get a flower fix.
The dew on the flowers just makes them sparkle.

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

What pretty flowers you have! I just love 'Abraham Darby'. I planted one this summer and it's one of my favorites now. I love how the Morning Glories glow.

Darla said...

It all looks great around your place!!

HarryJack's Mom said...

Those are fantastic - I have not idea what the last one is, but I also seem to have a bunch of things birthing at the moment. Can't wait to see what it becomes :-)

Janet said...

Sorry I missed when this was first posted. Your garden looks great. The cypress vine is really a fun vine and the hummingbirds love it. bonus!
It is funny that you got your obelisk at the Pottery and I live near that, bought my obelisk in SC. Go figure.