Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Snow Days

Friday, December 18 our near historic snow fall began. The snow ended mid evening Saturday. Numbers in the area range from 12-24". It was the most snow we've ever seen in Central VA.
The nandina, or heavenly bamboo, makes for a nice picture in the snow.
The birdbath is stacked high with snow.Fortunately, we picked up 1/4 cord of wood to use in the fire pit to keep warm while tobogganing down the toboggan runs we created on the back hill.
The plumes of the grasses blocking the view of our propane tank give year round interest.

7 comments:

Becca's Dirt said...

It sure is beautiful all that white stuff. The nandina is beautiful with the snow covering. Merry Christmas.

Jeanne said...

Great photos! We got about 10-12 inches but it's still too hard to navigate our farm road. Merry Christmas!

Hocking Hills Gardener said...

Colleen you sure got a lot of that white stuff. It is pretty to look at if you can stay in and look out ;-)
The red berries are so beautiful in it.
Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Tootsie said...

just a quick visit to say Merry Christmas to you my friend and a very happy new year

Janet said...

Hard to believe there was so much snow Colleen. Just heard the news, more snow or rain on the way??

Darla said...

Do you have to shovel snow? I don't know if I could adjust to that cold at this age..it is beautiful to see though.

Tatyana@MySecretGarden said...

I know that many people are tired of snow and unhappy with it, but I am jealous! I want snow! This is the first time in my whole life that I haven't seen any snow til the middle of January! I don't feel like I am ready for spring, because I haven't had winter yet! I need some period of hibernation! I love your snowy pictures, the first one esecially! Thank you Colleen!