Sunday, January 24, 2010

Cookies and Homework

Between making desserts for church and school events, we have homework and dress up days at the schools. This is all a lot of work for the mother! It's all fun and fortunately, I have had the time to do it. The desserts have been nothing extraordinary but I heard no complaints. They were all tasty and sweet and here is a sampling of some of them.

Using the Land O'Lakes Best Ever Butter Cookies recipe, I cut some gingerbread man shapes and outlined them quickly with some squeeze gel tubes to decorate.  I also used one of the cans my MIL gave me of cookie mix she bought from a fundraiser.  

The cutout cookie recipe search was something I did a few years back. I tried a number of sugar cookie, cut out recipes from my recipe books and binders and finally found one that was easy to work with from the rolling pin to the cookie cutter and the taste.  Here we have some crosses using an old tin cross cookie cutter and hearts using a much newer Wilton comfort grip Valentine Day design.   

The chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing and sprinkles or jimmies, carried in a bottled water cardboard box, are also standard. Disposable carriers that won't be missed are best when donating to a school, community or church supper. 

We had Colonial Day, Twins Day, Crazy Hair Day and Pajama Day from Spirit Week activities at the school.  We borrowed a matching Red Sox Matsuzaka #18 tee shirt to twin a friend. 

Every seasonal barrette and bow that could fit.


Hair gel and spikes were a common sight.

 
Then we had a dress up day in preschool with the letter S. Had to wear a sweater, sweatpants, a scarf and silly socks. What a mismatch.  Also had to create a card stock paper filled with things that start with S.
Here we have soup, sugar substitute, spoon, silly squiggly straw, a sand sticker, and a salt shaker. 

Kind of glad the week is over. Report cards come out tomorrow. Wonder if I will get one?

Oh wait... one more project I need to help with for today's Daisy girl scout meeting. We have an assignment for World Thinking Day next month to bring in today. Our troop has Zimbabwe and we need a picture and information of children from there.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Sounds like a busy week and boy was my mouth watering with those cookies and the chocolate cupcakes!

HarryJack's Mom said...

Um, hello! My parents have a Zimbabwe citizen at their house - I'll be there on Saturday - LMK if I can do/bring anything. Sure she would happily answer any questions. May even be able to have direct communication/email :-)