Monday, February 1, 2010

2nd snowstorm of the season. Unheard of!

And I hear we may get as much as 6+ again this coming weekend and long range forecasts show potential of a mid feb storm. 
I thought I moved from the N.E.?
So, yes. We got slammed again. 2 snowstorms in 1 season. Unheard of!

We are filling this feeder once a day since the storm.
All the budgies wait in a nearby tree for their turn.
 
Our Sarah Belle LOVES the entertainment.
 
I knew I liked the red coral barked Japanese maple for a reason. Acer palmatum 'Sangokaku'
It provides such a nice contrast in the Winter landscape. I had wanted the red twigged dogwood but felt this was a better buy.
 
I do need to add quite a bit more to this view for Winter interest.  I know the swing set will not be there forever. With all of those thuja's, I need some evergreen variation. Conifer research, here I come.  I should also order some red twig dogwood or Cornus alba 'Elegantissima' before I forget. We also need to divide some of the ornamental grasses and spread them around. That'll be a chore!



3 comments:

Janet said...

Great photos Colleen! I do not like to hear of more snow this weekend and more mid-Feb!!! Aghhhh. Your Coral Bark Maple is stunning against the white snow.

Hocking Hills Gardener said...

We all got tired of the snowy winters so we decided to send them further south. LOL! Kitty will be licking its chops watching all of those birds. With all of that snow they will be gorging themselves at your feeders. The red stems of the acer looks pretty against the snow. Stay warm Colleen.

Darla said...

This making me wonder if tomorrow will tell us that there is 6 more weeks of winter........beautiful photos...