Thursday, February 4, 2010

Plant Propagation

Thinking of tomorrow's scheduled Master Gardener class topic, Plant Propagation, I decided to post these pictures.
Thanks to my mother in law who saw me admiring these pastel glass rooters in Bits & Pieces catalog last Fall, I received them as a Christmas gift. They are really lovely.
  
Originally I thought I'd put them all together as they show in the catalog photos but I decided that each having it's own window in different rooms was more of a treat. 
I should add that these are probably the first official root glasses I've ever owned. I typically collect and root in everything from lime juice bottles to old perfume bottles. I have tons of old recycled glass bottles and jars that are absolutely lovely.  However, these are certainly special to me. Besides, since almost every window sill is full right now between plants overwintering and plants being rooted, these go ON the windows!

2 comments:

Tootsie said...

you are taking a master gardener class???? how cool is that!
I also love them in their own windows!

HarryJack's Mom said...

OOOh, those are beautiful! I typically have one little baby trying to root in some recycled jar on the side of the sink....that Inez rocks! Enjoy your props class :-)