Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Bouquets for my mail lady & the runners!

I have a few bouquets of crocus at the mailbox for my mail carrier and all the local runners who use our neighborhood as part of their training circuit as they prepare for the Ukrops Monument Avenue 10K coming up on Saturday, March 27. 
And I haven't yet been successful at getting the perfect shot of the Veronica 'Georgia Blue' speedwell since I've owned it. I cannot be sure if it is Veronica peduncularis or Veronica umbrosa but you get the idea. The pretty blue flowers are very similar to a forget-me-not or my Jack Frost Brunerra or Brunnera macrophylla ‘Jack Frost’. 
Mimi is now sending up the teeny iris bulbs.
and yes, the sun is finally opening the daffy dills ;-)

2 comments:

Hocking Hills Gardener said...

Oh Colleen what a bunch of cheery crocuses. Your spring blooms are so pretty. Isn't it good to see color appearing again.
Lona

Tatyana@MySecretGarden said...

Wonderful, lovely spring blooms. I love, love, love your iris!